We are the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1122, based in Collin County, Texas.
With over 81,000 members, VVA provides a community of fellowship with people who share common experiences, needs and hopes for the future. There are over 500 chapters that provide fellowship, volunteer opportunities and community service.
VVA’s goals are to promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam veterans. VVA strives to achieve the following:
• Aggressively advocate on issues important to veterans
• Seek full access to quality health care for veterans
• Identify the full range of disabling injuries and illnesses incurred during military service
• Hold government agencies accountable for following laws mandating veterans health care
• Create a positive public perception of Vietnam veterans
• Seek the fullest possible accounting of America’s POWs and MIAs
• Support the next generation of America’s war veterans
• Serve our communities
Membership is open to U.S. armed forces veterans who served on active duty (for other than training purposes) in the Republic of Vietnam between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975, or in any duty location between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975.
Please see our Membership Page for more information.